With a new baby in the house, there are lots of firsts! Recently Marley smiled for the first time, and yesterday we put the toy on her bouncy seat for the first time. Before she had just been sitting in it, but now when she kicks, which she does a lot, the lights and sounds come on. She loves it--look at those smiles!
About a week and a half ago she took her first bottle. A friend of mine told me that it's best to introduce the bottle between 5 and 7 weeks if you're going to, so Justin gave one to her. He said she's a pro!
We also went to Wal-Mart last week. It was Marley's first time to go there, and my first time to go with 3 kiddos! I was taking these pictures in the parking lot before I put all the groceries in the car, and a woman walked by to put her cart up. She said, "First trip to Wal-Mart?" I thought that it was so funny that she knew why I was taking pictures. It was a successful trip--I'm so glad they have this kind of basket at Wal-Mart and Target. I actually went back to Wal-Mart yesterday with all 3 of them, this time with London wearing panties. I was worried I would have to drag all of them into the bathroom for her to go potty, but she never needed to go. Such a big girl! I'll post more on our potty training adventures later...
It was really bright outside, so the kids didn't want to look at the camera.
I knew that I would marry Justin from very early on in our relationship, although I didn't tell him that. (You understand why if you know how our dating relationship went! Major lack of commitment on his part...but I'm so glad I waited for him!) So the first time we kissed, I had a feeling it would be my last first kiss, and I did tell him that. (And it was, for both of us.) Anyway, this time with Marley is kind of bittersweet for me, because a lot of these firsts are my "last firsts" because we're not planning to have any more babies.
I took these cute pictures of London and Marley on Tuesday. I hope they'll always be as close as Shelly and I are. How can I tie these pictures in with the rest of the post?...First time to wear these matching dresses!








3 comments:
These pictures are so good! Marley looks even cuter when she smiles....Nana
Hey, Christie. I was looking at the Gentry's blog and came across yours. I didn't know that you had a little Marley. She is sooo cute. All of your kids are adorable and have grown so much since I last saw them. I just wanted to say hello and a very belated congrats!I love your blog. Great job.
Kelly Gwaltney
I'm so glad you have a blog now. Love the pictures!!
Post a Comment