CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Saturday, July 25, 2009

The Cheetah Book

While London was sitting on one of the bar stools the other day, she pointed towards the kitchen and said, "I want that cheetah book." Carter had gotten a book about animals for his birthday, so I thought she meant that, but I knew it wasn't in the kitchen. I walked in there and said, "There's no cheetah book in here, London." And she said, "Yes there is. In that drawer." So I opened the drawer she was pointing at, and this is what I saw:


The phone book! Isn't that hilarious? And yes, Carter has already pointed out to me that it isn't a cheetah on the cover. But I gave it to London and she looked at it for a long time, just turning the pages and looking them over. She loves that book!



We've had a fun week. Today was Carter's last t-ball game. He got two great hits and also did a really good job fielding the ball. He got a trophy too--his first one. He's so proud of it. He was carrying it inside when we got home and he dropped it on the tile. It broke into 2 pieces, and I just knew he was going to be devastated. But he wasn't...I told him I would glue it back together and he was fine with that. Wow!



getting his trophy


the trophy after I glued it back together with J-B Weld--good as new!


Here are some other things we did this week.

tried out Marley's car seat




We made this pizza using a pizza kit. It was fun to make but wasn't the best-tasting pizza.


spent time with Hannah


dressed up like zebras


smiled a lot


And because Justin has been gone to high school camp and senior trip since Monday, I received these flowers from my sweet husband for staying home with the kiddos. Thank you, Justin, for the flowers, and thank you, Wes and Shelly, for helping me so much while he's been gone! Only about 24 more hours until he's home...and yes, I am counting.



To read about high school camp and the recent youth mission trip to Costa Rica, visit the student ministry blog here.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

You get a giant gold star for being a great mom and a great pastor's wife!!! After reading your blog, I felt like I should have been at your house all week, because it sure looked like fun! And I can also see in this post that you have fun children who are pleased with simple things and who enjoy one another due to some seriously good parenting. And Carter--I'm so proud of him! I think that *I* would have cried! Good boy.

Keep up the great work, mama--the fruit of your labor sure is sweet!

P.S. Tell London to look us up--she can call anytime! :)b

Mandy from Burkett Blessings said...

Precious, precious!! Way to go, Carter!!! I can't believe he's big enough for baseball.... gracious, they grow up too fast!! The flowers were beautiful - good job, Justin!!! Christie, thanks for posting all the great pics... Your blog is so much fun to read!!!