Summer has always been my favorite season. It still is, in spite of a heat index yesterday afternoon of between 105 and 109! I'm a beach girl, and even though the beach we always went to--Crystal Beach, near Galveston-- was destroyed by Hurricane Ike, I'll always think of our trips there when I think of summer.
Even with the heat and a new baby, we've been able to get outside and do some fun things. Here are some fun highlights:
eating lunch on the deck

having popsicles in the pool

riding their new bikes
(Carter got his for his birthday, so London got his old one; I asked Justin if he always used to get bikes for his birthdays, and he said, "No, I was the third child, so I always just got the hand-me-down bikes." He was so mistreated, don't you think?!)


making Daddy an Oreo pie for Father's Day


Marley sleeping with her arm over her face, just like I sleep






having popsicles in the pool

riding their new bikes
(Carter got his for his birthday, so London got his old one; I asked Justin if he always used to get bikes for his birthdays, and he said, "No, I was the third child, so I always just got the hand-me-down bikes." He was so mistreated, don't you think?!)


We've also had some fun inside!
making Daddy an Oreo pie for Father's Day


And because the grandparents have been asking for more pictures of the grandkids, I'm going to go completely overboard and post a whole bunch!
Marley sleeping with her arm over her face, just like I sleep


I hope you enjoyed the pictures, Mom, since you've been pressuring me for them! You do remember what it was like to have 3 kids, right? All the free time to do whatever you want, whenever you want...or something like that. :-)

3 comments:
Tell Justin I can relate to the 3rd child hand-me-downs!
Shelly...you only had ONE hand me down...the peppermint gown!!! Christie, thaks for the pictures...my grandbabies are beautiful...and funny!!!
Christie... you are doing such a great job with the blog! I LOVE getting to see what's going on with you guys! Marley is a cutie :) Good job Supermom!
Post a Comment