9:55 am...
We're going home from the hospital today, and we're so excited. We're all packed up, Marley's dressed in her going home outfit and she's been discharged, but my doctor hasn't been by yet. We're hoping he'll be here soon. Carter and London are going to come up here later so we can all ride home as a family. We are so ready to all be together at home. Here are some pictures of Marley all dressed up and ready to go:


Carter and London had fun riding up and down in the hospital bed before we left, and then Marley joined them for a few pictures.

We finally got discharged and were on our way home!
And here are the sisters sitting together on the deck this afternoon (notice the matching outfits!):
Justin said I need to write more detail about my labor and delivery, so here goes. This might be too much information for most people, so feel free to not read it. I just want to remember what happened that day. We got to the hospital at 5:30 am, but they didn't actually start the Pitocin until 8:00 am. Everything takes so long--the paperwork, answering all the medical history questions, etc. And that's even after we had pre-registered! Then they had some trouble getting my IV in and had to call in another nurse to do it. After all of that, and finally starting the Pitocin to get my labor going, my doctor came to check on how things were going. This is when he usually breaks my water, around 9:15 or so. But Marley was still SO high that he said it was too early and that he would be back at noon. NOON! I thought I would have her by then! My other deliveries had been so easy, and this one wasn't going as smoothly. I was getting really nervous at this point! But at 10:30 I asked if I could have an epidural, and my doctor just happened to be on the phone calling to check on me. He said I could have the epidural even though they hadn't checked me again...so as far as we know I was at a ONE! Yeah for epidurals! My doctor came in right after that and broke my water, and he stayed at the hospital after that. He knows that after I get an epidural my labor goes VERY quickly!
I started feeling pressure very soon after that and I told Justin to get the nurse quick! She came in and said not to push yet because they weren't ready. Not pushing was as hard as pushing! Immediately there were 4 nurses and my doctor there transforming the room. They finally let me push (just 3 times!) and Marley was here! The umbilical cord was wrapped around her ankle but she was okay. Her color also wasn't good--she looked like Smurfette!--but they gave her just a little oxygen and she looked great after a couple minutes. Since then everything has been perfect.




5 comments:
London & Marley look precious in their matching outfits! And Carter looks like such a great big brother already :)
Christie, she is precious! And all the girliness and matching outfits... SO jealous! Enjoy every second :) By the way, I'm loving the blog!!!
I am so glad you got a blog! =)
Love the pics!
Yea!!! Now I finally have a way to keep up with you and your family! It looks like you are doing great. We miss you both!
Precious!!! I love their matching outfits!!! You're going to have so much fun dressing the girls alike. Marley is beautiful, just like her Mommy! :-) You have a precious family!
Post a Comment