We have a china cabinet in our dining area where I have some of our china and crystal displayed. Last week, Carter asked me if we ever use those dishes. I told him that we do sometimes, but when he really pressed me for details, I admitted that the last time we had used them was before he was born. He asked if we could use them sometime, and I figured, why not? So I let Carter and London plan the "fancy dinner" on the "fancy dishes." Monday night was the big night. Here is what they planned:
Macaroni and cheese and 'tea without caffeine' (as Carter calls it)--and yes, I am very aware that that gravy boat is not a tea pitcher, but like I said, I let the kids plan the whole thing!
Lots of fruit (and Rudy's barbecue sauce, of course!)
Pretty flowers
Valentine cookies
Daddy lighting the candles
the kiddos ready for the big dinner!

4 comments:
So cute!!!
What a fun memory! The tea in the gravy boat really cracked me up!!! :-) HA!!!
I love this!!! I agree with Mandy, the tea in the gravy boat is hysterical!!!
You know what I love about your mothering skills...is that you always allow your kids to be a part of the planning...making it so magical and creative for them. Like allowing them to color wrapping paper for a birthday party, design their own "fancy dinner" or just pick a fun place to go and play....Props to you!! So many parents want to control everything and they forget to let their kids use their imagination...
Post a Comment