Today's post is all about our middle child and oldest daughter. She is just so funny and cute these days, even though she's still her usual stubborn self too. My favorite age with Carter was from when he turned 2 until he turned 3, but I think I've had more fun and laughed more at London since she turned 3. (I'm still loving every age as we get to them, I just love that age when they're learning to really talk and express themselves and say the funniest things.)
We always check on the kids before we get in bed at night, and a lot of times we laugh because their legs are hanging off of their beds or something. But Justin went to check on London the other night and this is what he found:
She had fallen asleep with this book on her face! We were cracking up. He even took 3 pictures of her with the flash on and she never moved. So funny! (And Charlotte, if you're reading this, that's a blanket you monogrammed for London when she was a baby...she still loves it!)
I was looking through the pictures on our camera the other day and I saw this one of her that Justin had taken. He said he saw her sitting like that and it just looked like she was ready for her picture to be taken!
And then the other night I was thinking about how much fun it is to have a little girl (or two!), and I realized that London and I had never really played "beauty shop" together. At first she wasn't too excited about the idea, since she knew that the curling iron was hot, but then she agreed. I put the sides of her hair up in a clip and she said, "I LOOK LIKE A GROWNUP!" She was so excited. Then I curled a side piece, and when it came out of the curling iron...I wish I would have been videoing...she said, "I am a real princess!" Priceless. We always tell her that she is a real princess because she is a daughter of the King.
I curled her hair and put some blush and lipstick on her. You should have seen how happy she was! Justin was at church so I sent him a picture of her on his phone. He showed it to a few people and one of his former interns (he's probably about 21 years old) said, "Justin, as the patriarch of your family, you have to shut that down now!" Don't worry, Aaron, we're not going to let her out of the house like this until she's about 30. :-)

3 comments:
I LOVE HER!!!!! And all these pictures are GREAT! So glad you finally updated your blog, too!
Oh, that is precious! She is beautiful!!! I love that age, too. They say the cutest things. When I saw her at church Sunday night I asked her who gave her her pretty dress. She said, "Anybody! It was just there!" I think she meant nobody, but the expressive way she said it was just priceless!!!
~mandy :-)
How precious!
Post a Comment