CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Sunday, January 24, 2010

An Eventful Week

We had some eventful days this week. On Wednesday, a good friend who lives out of town came over to visit for awhile. It was great catching up with her! I would give you her blog address so that you could check out her blog, but she hasn't updated it since March 2nd! Time to update, Kristie! :-) After she left, Justin came home to watch the girls so that Carter and I could go on a lunch date. We went to the new Whataburger with all the Hot Wheels cars, and he loved it. He was such a gentleman, too. His daddy gave him some tips about how a man should act on a date, and he really listened! He gave me a flower, held the door open for me, and offered to pray before we ate. Such a sweet, sweet boy! I forgot to take a picture that day, but here is one of us from his choir program last month:



Wednesday evening we had children's choir, and while we were there the tornado sirens went off! What an adventure! There were so many children that needed to be moved down to the basement, and then we were there for an hour. Thankfully I was able to have all 3 of my kiddos with me after making sure my class was safe and sound. They did great and London even cried when it was time to leave, because she wanted to stay longer!

Thursday morning I packed so that we could go see my mom for her birthday. She was turning 55 that day, so Shelly, Hannah, Carter, London, Marley and I all piled into our van and drove 4 hours to see her! Marley is into everything and puts everything in her mouth, so it was hard to pack while she was awake. But letting her sit in the suitcase helped for a little while!



I think my mom had a great birthday having all of her grandbabies there to celebrate with her.




I think most of you know that she has been sick and in the hospital for awhile, but she's getting better slowly but surely. We were so glad to see her!

On Friday while my mom rested, I brought Carter and London to a park. Right next to the park is the public library. I loved that library when I was growing up, and they both love going to the library, so I asked if they wanted to see it. They loved it just like I used to. They wanted to sit there and have story time, so I read them several stories.



It was a fun time, but we're glad to be home and back to the normal routine!

3 comments:

Shara said...

That is so sweet about Carter. What a sweetheart!!

I didn't know your mom was sick. I will be praying for her.

Hope to talk to you soon!

Monica Barret said...

Well I have to say it gave me more peace knowing Justin was at the church with Libby while the storms were rolling through! That was about the only thing keeping me from jumping in the car during them - ask my husband! Thank you Justin! Thank you Jesus!

Your blogs are so sweet D.C.!
You are on special Mother!
Love
Monica

The Skaggs said...

How fun going on a date!! I can't wait for those with Micah...I mean I can wait, but I will be looking forward to them! Love your blog...I always enjoy reading it!