CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Friday, August 28, 2009

At this time...

At this time last year,
I was innocently going about my business. My planner for August 28, 2008, says Mother's Day Out for Carter, staff wives dinner at 6:30 pm, make grocery list...normal, everyday things. I never suspected for one minute that I had a new little life growing inside of me, but I did! What different plans God has for us than we have for ourselves. And aren't you so glad He does? Who wants a life where the most exciting thing that ever happens to you is something you planned to happen? Not me! I want things to happen to me that are so much bigger, so much better, so much more exciting than I could ever imagine. That's one of the many reasons I choose to let God guide me through my days, through my decisions, and through my fears. Here are 2 of the blessings that only God could have created and chosen just for me!




At this time last week,
I was bike riding with our family. Marley stayed with Shelly and Hannah since she's too little to ride bikes. We had a great time. London took a 3 hour nap when we got home, and she wasn't even pedaling!



At this time yesterday,
I was waiting for my parents to get here for a visit. Thanks, Mom and Dad, for coming to help us watch our kids while we do wedding stuff all weekend. We know it's such a chore for you and you don't enjoy it one bit! :-)


And at this time tomorrow,
we'll be celebrating the marriage of our friends, Chris and Leisha!




3 comments:

Mandy from Burkett Blessings said...

Perfect thoughts about God and His plans for us. Thanks for a great reminder. Love the bike ride picture!!! Would you believe I used to ride Kristin around like that when we were little?!?!?! What memories!! :-)

Carrie said...

Great post! & For a minute there, I thought you and Justin had finally decided to get married! :) You know I'm kidding!! Love you!

Cindy and crew said...

Great theme! I agree - it is a good thing that His ways aren't our ways. Our lives would be boring and too predictable otherwise! He knew just what He was doing when He added Marley to your family!